Friday, September 9, 2011

Generating Ideas

One idea that I've had come to mind for my literacy narrative topic is one that discusses my disliking toward reading until I managed to get my hands on a Nicholas Sparks book during my Sophomore year of High School, which quickly redirected my train of thought.  After reading the novel Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, I couldn't find myself to put one of his books down.  His novels inspire me to read, not only his books, but any type of love story.  Never have I thought I would take an interest in reading, seeing as I disliked it for practically my whole life, but Sparks proved my wrong.
  • One pro in writing about this life experience is that i remember distinctly my feelings, actions, and attitude through this process considering it was only about two years ago.  This will enable me to write a very discriptive, personal essay. 
  • A con in writing about this topic is that maybe males in the audience will not be able to relate to the same interest that I took a liking toward, seeing as most men do not quite appreciate a good love story.
Another idea that I've come to terms with about my narrative essay topic is one that deals with  owning my first library card. This essay would portray the apprehension and excitement that came along with going and recieving my first card at the library.
  • A pro that comes along with this essay topic is that everyone in the audience can most certainly connect to this adventure or should be able to connect in a similar way if not. 
  • A con about this essay topic is that maybe this essay may come across as dull, boring, and/or too original, which may lose the audiences focus and interest.
A third essay topic that has come to mind for my first english essay at NEIU is one that pertains to my highs and lows through my senior year research paper.  This essay will cover the basics of my hatred toward reseach papers that come about once a year, all the way to my enjoyment and satisfaction toward my paper once completed. 
  • One pro that comes along with this essay is that most certainly every college student all across the glove can relate to this essay, seeing as everyone needed to pass their senior year research paper to graduate.  I think it was capture the attention of mostly everyone in my class, and maybe others. 
  • Another pro is that I can recall main details and feelings that I would be able to add into this paper for not only my satisfaction, but also my audience, which will keep them entertained.
  • One last con for this english essay is that I am not really interested and motivated to write about this topic, seeing as I am most interested in writing about my first essay topic. (:


    No comments:

    Post a Comment