Friday, December 9, 2011

Final Reflection

In my first blog post I mentioned that what I hoped to take away from this class was to write more efficiently and concisely. Also, I hoped to construct a well-written essay in a more natural way, without having to think about it as for long as I had used to. However, In my seventh blog post where I was asked to recognize areas that have improved, I admitted to changing my choice of tone used to write my papers. Because my seventh blog post was only a few weeks after this English course had started, I was not able to observe areas of improvement regarding my conciseness. But, now that I am in the home stretch, I am able to confidently say that my conciseness has grown immensely. After struggling for a quite a long time in this course, I have finally pulled out with better grades than I had started with. My conciseness has improved all with the help of changing my writing process. Now, I choose to complete my rough drafts as if they were my final paper. This gives me a jump start on my paper, as well as clear, clean, and brilliant ideas that I can apply to my rough drafts. Through the completion of thoughtful rough drafts, my papers are able to take part in an effective peer review. All in all, my new writing process has pushed me one step closer to completing concise, thoughtful, well-written essays. Through the help of this course, I was able to change many areas of weakness in my writing, those being- tone, conciseness, and my writing process.

Although I have grown as a writer, my areas of improvement are still able to grow. Like I had said earlier, my conciseness, tone, and writing style had improved. But, I am still able to improve these areas. I need to definitely further work on my conciseness. I seem to add in unnecessary words, commas, and etc., so I will continue to further improve these setbacks. Through English 101, I am confidently able to say that I am very happy with the end results of my progress. Although I am not a flawless, brilliant writer just YET, I will soon be able to get there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment