The essay that I have chosen to revise for my portfolio is my second essay, which was to analyze an advertisement. Although there are not many strengths in this paper,the strength of my essay would probably be that I have a good start in the right direction regarding my ideas and thoughts and also, considering that I have many weaknesses, this will give me plenty of room to correct my errors, which can ultimately allow me to revise my paper as a whole. The weaknesses were that I have an ineffective organization, undeveloped evidence, and a poor conclusion as a result of undeveloped, poor evidences
To effectively revise my essay, I will continue to work off of my ideas and thoughts that I had already created, but I will start with a clean slate. I will work on ways to organize, develop, and make my ideas more concise through a period of time that I allow myself to sit down and critically think about each remark I intend to make. I will do this by separating my ideas, forming individual paragraphs for each idea, and force myself to come up with enough evidence to prove my points. If I am unable to develop a thorough, evidential, logical explanation that explains why and how for each critique that I intend to present, then I will delete this evidence. Lastly, I will attempt to pull together my very in depth evidence into an efficient conclusion. Then, I will have someone read over my work and tell me if this essay is organized, detailed, and developed. If I fail once again, I will have my teacher help me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment