----->Because I was unable to comment on Chad's blog, I decided to post my reaction here:
I feel that Chad does an exellent job in identifing the audience. He hit rock on. Through this manly advertisement, what would even lure a women to look into it with more detail? Nothing. Through a buff man, canoes, snakes, and dragons, women can hardily relate to any of these things. But, on the other hand, I feel that the tone of his blog is sort of vague. Chad should mention something along the lines as through the vivid coloring and unusual items mixed into one picture, this ad displays a capivating, lively, unordinary tone.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Many similiarties, but also differences are seen when comparing a narrative essay to an analysis paper. For my Literacy Narrative, the purpose of my paper was to tell a story. To be able to intrigue its readers, captivate their attention, and express a a meaningful story is what my narrative essay consisted of. While the tone can either be formal or informal, in my case, I wrote formally, considering the fact that I would be turning it in for a grade and writing for my audience who consisted of other writers and my teacher. The genre of my narrative essay easiest comapred to a story, which is meant to entertain its audience. And in the end, my audience appeared to be my classmates and teacher, which forced me to write in detail, seeing as most do not personally know me just yet.
In comparison, my ad anaylsis showed some differences, but also similiaries . As my audience and tone appeared to stay the same, the purpose and genre had seemed to change. As my audience stayed the same in comparison to my Narrative essay, I found myself writing for other writers and my teacher once again. As for the tone, although I had to portray myself to my audience as if I were an expert on what I was speaking about, I still found myself writing formally. This time, the purpose of my paper was to persuade my audience. By supporting my statements with detailed descriptions and explanitory reasonings, my purpose needed to be executed just right. No lose ends could just be laying around. Every sentence had to hold great meaning, which would later benefit me and the point that I was trying to prove later on. Lastly, the genre no longer seemed to be in the format of a story. This time, it seemed to fit in the category of a persuasive atricale.
In the end, when assigned an essay to complete, rhetorical situations pan out each and every move a writer makes. Through the observance of your audience, a writer is able to identify which tone is best to reach out to their audience through. While in whichever category an essay falls under, a writer is able to identify their purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment