One way in which I feel that my writing process has improved is through the peer review worksheets. Through these activities, I feel that I am not only critiqued positively, but also negatively. Because most reviewers try to be as honest as possible, I feel that this allows for me to catch mistakes that seemed to come invisible to my own eye.. Also, I feel like through the fact that students in English 101 with Ms. Spencer are able to rewrite and revise their papers after the final draft, really benefits our grades, but also us as writers. With the only options being to meet with someone in the writing lab or with Ms. Spencer, I feel that this improves our writing skills tremendously. With the one on one environment that we are placed in while discussing our papers, these conferences able us to pick up personal writing skills that we may be lacking. With true, honest feedback about our writing techniques, skills, and format, I feel that these two aspects of class better our writing skills
Personally, what has been one HUGE change in my writing technique is the choice of tone that I find myself using. Through a one on one meeting with Ms. Spencer, she had comfronted me about my choice of tone being problematic. Through this, she explained that I had almost seemed to be forcing myself to write as if I were smarter than I really am; a tone that is not necessary needed for this writing class. Because of this feedback, I now find myself trying to write in a more casual tone, a tone that is easier and more natural to understand. With this feedback, the way that I chose to word and structure my blog posts and papers has changed dramatically.
No comments:
Post a Comment