Of the four essays that we had written in this class, the one that I enjoyed most was the argument analysis essay. Maybe it was because of the topic?..This could be because I view marijuana as a growing issue in society and this topic interests me very much. I hold very strong beliefs against marijuana and I do not agree with people who partake in these activities. And for myself, I could never see myself doing or trying to smoke weed. What's the point? You're only hurting yourself... and coming from someone who has heart problems.. I can just never see any good coming out of getting a high, not just for me, but anyone. So because of this topic, I was drawn to this essay because I wanted to see where this argument was heading towards because any argument in marijuana's favor, appears immoral to me. I felt that since I was writing about something that I hold strong beliefs against I was able to complete this paper without it feeling like a hassle and a waste of time.
Or maybe it was because I enjoyed critiquing someone elses work, instead of constantly having my own work critiqued. Yes, I know that my work would eventually be critiqued through peer review, but I found this essay quite enjoyable because for some reason, it always seems to appear easier to critique someone elses work other than your own. Because of this attribute, I found this essay enjoyable and fun to work on and I feel that the effort that I put forth into this essay really shined through with the result of my final grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment