- Tone- In the article "the $78 Million Dollar bag", both authors use an informal tone when trying to reach out to their intended audience. They make remarks toward their audience that were supposed to befriend them, but ultimately came off as offensive, such as "Come on, fess up most of you had probably done it last night". What I had learned from this example proves that for my paper I am able to use an informal, friendly tone, but only to a certain extent. I must make sure that I do not come off as offense, which can push away my audience. If I am aware of this problem that is able to occur, I will be successful in attempting to write in an appropriate tone for my arguement.
- Relavence- In the article "the $78 Million Dollar bag", one huge issue regarding their arguement was the revelvance regarding their examples and facts. Throughout their paper, they had supplied a great amount of evidence that furthest related to their thesis statement that dealt with the raising of awareness of issues that marijuana is bringing around. Both authors get off track multiple times when trying to state facts and statistics regarding their thesis, which in the end weaked their argument. For my arguement, I will be sure to supply my paper with effective, suffitent, relevant evidence that will allow for my arguement to be nothing but strong.
- Structure- In "the $78 Million Dollar Bag", both authors failed at writing a well structures, organized arguement. This dilemma made for their argument to appear weak. By jumping from one point to another and then back to the first, deffinitely confuses audiences and weakens their postion. All in all, when writing my arguement, I will be sure to write in an effective, organized, relevant manner.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Analyzing and Writing Arguments #11
Three specific things that I have learned after analyzing the article"the $78 Million Dollar Bag" was the influence that tone, relavence, and structure had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment