Thesis: Most students, particularly those who are easily distracted and influenced from the opposite sex, would benefit from attending a single sex school rather than a co-ed school.
Pathos
-A more distraction free atmosphere- easier to focus, which results in better grades.
-A less judgmental environment/no intimidations- benefits future education(college)
-Grow in own person without influence of opposite sex- find yourself at a young, respectable age.
Lagos
-Personal experience- I explain how these benefits have helped me in college.
Ethos
-Acknowledge co-ed school benefits-avoid bias
-Add in my brother’s point of view because he attended a single-sex school as well.
-discuss downfalls- fees (tuition)
· My most compelling evidence in my argument is my point regarding future success in later years of education. I stated that single-sex schools bring about a judge-free zone which would benefit a student’s success in college, seeing as students will pick up pointers that it is Ok to be yourself and express your thoughts and ideas out loud. Especially in college this is beneficial, seeing as college consists of lots of critical thinking, while also participation is a huge factor in a student’s accumulative grade. I find this evidence compelling because I state a personal experience following this idea. Through firsthand experience, I will appear to my audience as that I have authority, while also that this evidence is logical.
· My weakest evidence in my argument is the evidence regarding distractions. I stated that distractions are more likely to occur in co-ed school. While single-sex schools allow for students to have an easier time focusing due to less sexual tension, students work and grades will excel at a much higher rate. After my peer review with Channelle, she had stated that although this evidence is a good point, the way that I had worded and structured this had appeared a bit confusing. Also, although this evidence is a strong attribute, this evidence loses meaning because of organizational dilemmas. I plan to better this attribute through rewording it as I would naturally speak about it to a student in person. This is because, for most, saying your thoughts out loud will make for a more grammatically correct, stronger piece of evidence. So hopefully, doing this little exercise will make my evidence a bit easier to read and follow along with, which will maybe in the end allow for my paper to contain strong, logical evidence through and through.
No comments:
Post a Comment