As you know, our fourth essay that we have done peer review for was a little differnt from other times that we have done peer review. This time, we met in bigger groups than normal. I feel that this method was effective because as we were organized in groups that our group members wrote about a similar topics compared to ours, this benefitted us greatly. We were able to share ideas and express likes and dislikes towards eachothers work, ultimately strengthening our final products. Since I found this peer review method more effective than small group peer reviewing, I feel that we should stick to these methods because it inspired me to view my paper and ideas in differnt ways through the help of multiple brains coming together.
As a peer reviewer, I find it hard to be brutally honest. I always try to butter things up so that I do not come off as offensive, mainly because I do not know these students the way that I know girls that I went to high school with. However, I think that I do a good job when having to determine where more detail needs to come into play. I am able to identify when cetain statements such as, facts and examples appear as weak evidence.
I think the way that we have contructed peer review in our class is a helpful process. After writing our "first shitty draft" is the best time for us students to start the peer review prosess. However, I beleive that more often we should have bigger groups, just as we did for our third essay. This peer review process made ideas flow easier and helped many of us out tromendously. Having multiple ideas thrown at us allows a students to pick and choose what ideas best help their individual paper. Also, even though we do have an appropriate amount of time to complete our peer review process, it becomes very difficult to complete this process when only bits and peices of everyone's paper is complete. We are given enough time to complete this process, but not when incomplete work is infront of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment